Pull-up Rounds - Day 28

I watched a CFJ video of Kelly Starrett and he had a really great quote... "If you can't see the change, you didn't make any change". I really like that:).

I'm going to make an effort at working on my mid-line stabilization from now on. It's not something I've ever really thought about, but I know my hamstrings are very tight and I don't always pull my belly button to spine when I do lifts. Maybe I can get Adam to watch the videos and "stretch" me out:)haha.

Anyways, back on track... today's WOD is PULL-UPS, lots of them. Last night in my warmup, I had a small breakthrough, in that I was able to kick my chin up over the bar after doing my initial jumping pullup. Hope to continue that progress with today's WOD.

Warm-up:
5 min. jog (@ 6mph, hopefully)
7 pushups
20 ball situps
10 hspu progressions
10 KTE's (chest)
10, 15# KB Swings
5, 5 sec. ring stabilization


WOD (Jumping/Reverse Pull-ups):
With a continuously running clock do one pull-up the first minute, two pull-ups the second minute, three pull-ups the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.


Total Rounds: 10 (total of 55 scaled pull-ups, if my math is correct)

Rounds 1-5, jumping pullups with kick for chin to bar. Rounds 6-7, jumping pullups, didn't get chin to bar. Rounds 8-10, reverse pullups. My arms now feel like noodles.

Practiced belly button to spine on the ring stabilization... it worked wonders! I was able to hold in place for longer than normal. Also, I was conscious of it through the jog, however, it made me exhausted. I don't think I was getting enough air. :)

0 comments: