CF Invictus + Thrusters

My metcon for today is taken from CF Invictus from 7.7.09. Looks like a fun one!

Stomach is still feeling a little iffy this morning. I did some research last night and it looks like this can take a few days to get the bacteria/enzymes all up and running again after not eating any kind of meat in a long time.

Warm-Up:
5 min. jump rope
20 Ring Rows
10 KTC's
20 ball sit-ups


Thrusters:
10-10-10


Loads: 55(6/4)-65(5/5)-45(10)

CF Invictus - 7.7.09
Three rounds for time of:
10 Handstand Push-Ups (toes on bench)
20 Ring Dips (**2 bands & scaled to 10**)
40 20 Squats


Time: 6:24
--Round 1: 1:43
--Round 2: 2:11
--Round 3: 2:30

Well, this was a complete disappointment. The warm-up pretty much took all my energy (and it was a SHORT one!). I just don't have much in the tank today due to the past few days of stomach upset and overall ickyness. The thrusters weren't too bad, I just had to split them up and I'm not happy about that.

The metcon had to be scaled back even further after the thrusters and even with that, I wasn't really pushing hard.

Definitely bummed about it, but there's always tomorrow and maybe my system will level out a little by then.

I'm giving this meat eating 2 weeks -- if I don't start feeling normal by then, I guess it's back to the soy crap for me!

2 comments:

Nikki 2-K said...
July 23, 2009 at 6:27 PM

You made it through it and that is the important thing... after all you are probably not feeling 100% so its expected to not be totally happy if you don't feel like you were dead on with performance..

Kate said...
July 23, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Thanks for stopping by, Nikki:). I appreciate the support!