Pecan Crisp with Peaches & Blueberries

I made a really delicious dessert Saturday night b/c I was craving sweets and didn't want to make peach cobbler (with all that sugar/flour). Inspiration came from Mark's Daily Apple and I just tweaked it to what I had on hand.

Ingredients:
1 peach
5-10 blueberries (fresh is best, but frozen okay too, just don't thaw first)
1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
2 tbs. butter
Cinnamon & nutmeg
2 tsp. honey (optional, but delicious)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees and toast the pecans for about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Heat 1 tbs. butter over med-low heat. Add in sliced peaches and coat in cinnamon & nutmeg to your preference. Cook for 10-15 minutes.

Add cooled pecans to food processor and pulse until finely ground. Slowly drizzle in 1 tbs. of cooled, melted butter while pulsing.

Add this crumb crust to the bottom of a small baking dish and push down to form a loose crust. Top with peaches & fresh/frozen blueberries and bake in a 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes (just to warm everything up together).

I topped mine with 2 tsp. of honey and it really sweetened it up, but it could go without as well if you didn't want the sugar.

I imagine the crust would work well with any kind of nut (almonds, walnuts, etc.).

I think this is sort of paleo, except for the butter, right? :)

0 comments: