Power Snatch & Push Jerks

Well, the WOD today is 75# Power Snatches for 75 reps. NOT quite there yet with the power snatches. I still need to try to get the form down, so that's what I'll be working on today.

Warm-Up:
2 x 400m sprints (1 @ 9mph, 1 @ 8mph)
10 Ring Rows
10 Push-ups
5 Handstand hold attempts
5 Ring dips (2 bands)


WOD:
Power snatch practice

then,

Push Jerks
3-3-3-3-3


Loads: 45-65-75-65(2)-45

The last rep of the second set of 65# was incomplete b/c I popped myself in the jaw with the bar. I felt like an idiot, but no permanent damage done except a red & sore chin:).

The snatches felt extremely awkward. I'm going to have to study some videos and try to work it out in pieces b/c it's just not clicking.

Now off to 4th of July festivities (they do fireworks on the 3rd)!

Happy 4th of July!!!

0 comments: