"J.T." - Day 53

Well, it's late/early, but since the WOD was posted and I'm up late, I figured I'd get a head start on this... JUST KIDDING. I'll do this tomorrow, probably afternoon:).

Warm-Up:
10 min. jump rope X 5 min. jump rope only
10 jumping pull-ups
20 ball sit-ups
10 KTE's
10, 15# KB swings
10 burpees X ankle pain cancelled this


"J.T." (scaled to a Pack/Puppies combo):
21-15-9 reps
HSPU prog. (shins on bench)
Bench Dips
Push-ups

Time: 12:30
--21 reps: 5:09
--15 reps: 4:36
--9 reps: 2:45

Notes: Wow, this was WAY tougher than I anticipated! I thought to myself before starting... "I should be able to do 21 regular push-ups, no problem". I forgot to take into account the fact that my arms would be TIRED after doing the HSPU progressions and the bench dips. I was very proud of myself for not compromising on the push-ups and bench dips. Typically I would switch to knee push-ups, but I kept going with the full push-ups, even when I was collapsing after 2 reps:)haha.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...
March 16, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Congrats on sticking with the tougher full ROM pushups :-) I know it's tempting to revert to the easy way when the going gets tough - that clock is just tick tick ticking, but sticking with the hard way is definitely the way to go. You'll see improvement in strength and endurance faster.

Your arms and shoulders will probably feel as fried as mine are going to tomorrow. Good luck!

Kate said...
March 16, 2009 at 1:07 PM

They most certainly do! I know tomorrow will be worse (soreness-wise), but at least I'll have a WOD to push through so I won't notice the pain:)haha.